While we wait for summer to arrive, let’s enjoy spring and the warmer nights. Make these candied cucumbers infused with floral hibiscus and use them in your spring cocktails!
Hibiscus Candied Cucumbers
Original Recipe Posted On: Cooking with Books
1 cup water
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup dried hibiscus flowers
1 large cucumber
- In small sauce pan, stir water and sugar together and simmer until all the sugar dissolves.
- While the syrup simmers, thinly slice cucumbers and drop into the syrup, as well as dried hibiscus.
- Poach for 10 minutes.
- Remove cucumbers from syrup and place on silicone baking sheet. Dehydrate in low temperature oven or dehydrator until they become smooth to the touch.
- Reserve hibiscus flavored syrup for future cocktail making or as sweetener for lemonade.
Uses for Candied Cucumbers
- Drop into vodka tonics as garnish.
- Set out small plates of it with chic toothpicks and serve as a bar snack sprinkled with salt flakes and red pepper flakes.
- Add to your water to improve flavor and beat the heat! Hydration can also be flavor packed!
- Juice half a pineapple, a few celery stalks and 1/4 cup of hibiscus candied cucumbers; a refreshing summer drink!